Automotive General Manager | Sydney
Looking to work with one of the best businesses around? Then read on! We are seeking interest from suitably experienced senior leadership candidates!
- Strong prestige brands and stronger business
- Significant operation
- Career development to larger roles within the organisation
About the company
Situated in Sydney our client’s business is a prestige orientated organisation with a reputation for being one of the leading operators in their space. They represent several luxury car brands with also business interests outside retail automotive. They operate a fairly flat leadership structure which gives their team a direct connection to the key stakeholders and the ability to be flexible.
About the role
Due to a restructure, our client is looking for an inspirational leader that has a proven track record of getting the best from their people. The role requires someone who can challenge, motivate, coach, and mentor the Department Managers to help them and their teams achieve the best results. We are looking for a high energy leader that is focused on coaching and mentoring. The right person needs to be happy to be hands-on when needed – but understands that their role is to run and build the business.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Hands-on coaching and mentoring of Management and team members
- Full HR accountability (Recruitment, Performance Management)
- Full accountability of all department areas
- Confident and approachable to Manufacturers
- MUST put their staff first to build long-standing employees
Skills and Experience
- Previous experience in automotive dealerships operations essential
- Experience as an Automotive General Manager or Dealer Principal essential
- Strong leadership skills
- Experience and a strong focus on customer metrics
- Exceptional KPI awareness and strong business acumen
- Knowledge of Pentana systems an advantage
Culture and Benefits
Our client operates a dynamic business with a strong core of senior leaders being stable in the organisation for more than 10 years. With the backing of a larger corporation future professional development, international travel, and career development are also available. Remuneration for the role is commensurate for the position and would situate potential earnings to be within the expected band of on-target earnings.
All applications and discussions are in the strictest of confidence. Make contact with our Managing Director Cameron Cresswell for more information or simply apply now.
About Automotive Talent
We are local to South East Queensland and partner with car dealerships across Australia to assist with their recruitment/employment needs finding the ‘perfect fit’ solutions. We are passionate about all things automotive and have the ability and experience to place ALL roles within the industry.
Covering all aspects of the automotive industry, we would be honoured to be your career partner.
For more about this and other current jobs please visit our website at www.automotivetalent.com.au where you can also register with or contact us.